Monday, June 26, 2017

Hatchling

'Hatchling' is another image that  is showing in the 'Gods and Goddesses' show at the Raquel Amaral Studio starting June 24, 2017.  https://www.facebook.com/RaquelCAmaral/ can be seen at the Amaral .   I enjoyed painting this image because it started a long time ago in a figure drawing session in Crockett.  Many of the figures or paintings I use, started on my Ipad and moved through Photoshop.  I am focusing on non-digital work because it is difficult to find a teacher that focuses on art as well as technical skills in the digital world.  I am working to learn all I can about color and composition.  It doesn't feel like I have enough time.

She is 24"x36" and made with poured acrylic paint on 9 wood panels which are attached to a clear backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment